Key features planned for future releases:
This is a list of features that the maintainers want to add to the next release, currently labeled "2.3". Please do not edit this page unless you have svn write access.
Current 2.3 release goals
- new savegame format
- cleanup of the ruleset data
- lua security / more lua scripting
- a freeciv version useable by longturn.org
- generalize requirements
- cleanup of client/server settings
- tech upkeep / losing
- increase number of players => old: 32 to new: 128
- increase maximal map size => old: 30.000 to new: 128.000
- increased city radius => old: 2 (fixed) to new: 1-5 (variable)
- lots of new nations (done/more in the pipeline)
- FTWL/OpenGL client or OpenGL drawing backend.
- Figure out a way to add animation to the map drawing backend.
- Start work on a Civilization III style ruleset (should be easier than SMAC IMHO). It doesn't need to be 100% compatible at the beginning.
- New governments rules.
- Also see the Help wanted forum.
Feel free to pitch in to help code any of the above.