Clients contain the Graphic User Interface through which players interact with the game.
- The GTK Client is the classic Freeciv client. Additionally, it contains the Freeciv Map Editor.
- The SDL Client possesses a convenient GUI.
- The Qt Client is relatively new, but has an improved GUI.
Freeciv-Web clients are played online through a web browser at freecivweb.org on the Freeciv-Web online server. Access is uniformly rendered by the web client the server provides to the browser (not desktop clients.)
- The Freeciv Web Client is the standard, 2D Client for Freeciv-Web.
- The WebGL Client is a high-quality, 3D-rendered client for Freeciv-Web using the Three.js 3D engine that requires WebGL 3D hardware.
- Freeciv Desktop screenshots
- Freeciv-Web screenshots
- WebGL Client at Github
- Freecivweb.org - play singleplayer, multiplayer, or longturn games online via web browser.
|Game Anatomy & Modding|
|Server • Clients • Secfiles • Rulesets • Tilesets • Sounds • Music • Scenarios • Themes • Art|
Event Scripting • Editing Rulesets • Editing Tilesets • More Rulesets • More Tilesets
|Desktop||GTK • SDL • Qt • XAW|
|Freeciv-Web||HTML5 • WebGL|