- May be disbanded in a city to recover 50% of the production cost.
- Can build roads and railroads.
- Can build mines on tiles.
- Can build irrigation on tiles.
- Can build farmland (if Refrigeration is known).
- Can build fortresses (if Construction is known).
- Can clean pollution from tiles.
- Can clean nuclear fallout from tiles.
- Can transform tiles.
- Can build airbases.
- May pillage to destroy infrastructure from tiles.
- A non-military unit (cannot attack; no martial law).
- Will never achieve veteran status.
Engineers are similar to Workers, but they work twice as fast and move twice as fast. Engineers may also perform major terrain transformations (for example, converting Tundra into Desert) which are beyond the capabilities of Workers.
TIP 1: Upgrade Workers to Engineers when possible, as Engineers require the same resources as ordinary Workers.
TIP 2: If you manage to build Leonardo's Workshop, research Explosives before the Workshop becomes obsolete. This way, your Workers units will be upgraded for free.
Back to Units manual page