FANDOM


Hi All,

I just got the latest source tree from svn and tried to build it but it was failing with aclocal issue,

$ ./autogen.sh

+ checking for autoconf >= 2.59 ... found 2.68, ok.

+ checking for autoheader >= 2.59 ... found 2.68, ok.

Useless use of /d modifier in transliteration operator at /usr/share/automake-1.8/Automake/Wrap.pm line 60.

+ checking for automake >= 1.8 ... Useless use of /d modifier in transliteration operator at /usr/share/automake-1.8/Automake/Wrap.pm line 60.

found 1.8.5, ok.

+ checking for aclocal >= 1.8 ... found 1.8.5, ok.

+ checking for libtoolize >= 1.4.3 ... found 2.4, ok.

+ checking for xgettext >= 0.10.36 ... found 0.18.1, ok.

+ checking for msgfmt >= 0.10.36 ... found 0.18.1, ok.

+ running aclocal ...

aclocal: macro `_LT_DECL_SED' required but not defined

aclocal: macro `_LT_FUNC_STRIPNAME_CNF' required but not defined


aclocal failed - check that all needed development files are present on system


After a bit of googling I found that the issue was in autogen.sh as,



#!/bin/sh

# Run this to generate all the initial makefiles, etc.


# This is a kludge to make Gentoo behave and select the

# correct version of automake to use.

WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.8

export WANT_AUTOMAKE
where I have to change WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.8 to WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.9. 

So now its building,


HTH.

Nabeel

This is also true of the 2_4 and 2_3 versions that are currently checked in.
Unless you tell me you are running on Gentoo, I will assume the proper fix to this code is to execute it only for Gentoo platform, and otherwise the latest version will be satisfactory. ~ Phlox 02:02, September 13, 2012 (UTC)


Forums: Index > Development > Autogen failing on cygwin

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.