I'm getting a little sick of pirates taking out my civilization in under 10 turns. I always start a game, then a few turns later, pirates come and demolish my cities before I have enough of a military to defend myself. It's very annoying.
Is there a way to disable them? I looked in the options in the pre-game menu and.. nothing. -- Xcanox 17:08, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- You shouldn't be seeing barbarians/pirates so soon with the default settings -- normally you should get 60 barbarian-free turns.
- What version are you using? In 2.3.0 there is a known bug ( ) which can cause barbarians to appear from the game start in some situations, including when starting with the tutorial scenario, rather unfortunately. This is due to a problem with the 'onsetbarbs' server setting ("Barbarian onset turn"). You can change it after loading the scenario but before starting the game.
- To answer your original question, the 'barbarians' setting ("Barbarian appearance frequency") has a DISABLED option. (Perhaps you didn't find it because it didn't mention pirates? They are equivalent, but perhaps the documentation could be better at pointing that out.)
- -- JTN 19:44, October 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes I am in fact using 2.3.0. I guess I should've read up a little more first.
- Thanks for pointing out that barbarians and pirates are the same thing, I found it in the options and could change the turn onset(it was 0, oddly).
- --Xcanox 12:44, October 19, 2011 (UTC)