I've made several cities, and they've grown to size 6, but still no research is possible? What's going on?
- What do you mean by "no research is possible"? Can't you select anything to research from the Research report, or do you still produce 0 bulbs of research / turn, or what? --Cazfi (talk) 20:30, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- No matter what i choose to research, for over a 100 turns, it says "Progress: no research" 0/28 bulbs (never).
- So you produce 0 bulbs / turn. What is you science rate? (each test tube icon in left panel represents 10% sci rate, gold rates are represented with coin icon, and luxury rate with theater mask) If it's at least 60%, the very first piece of trade you produce should go to science already. Hmm.. have you possibly lost your capital with Palace in it? That could cause extreme corruption that eats all of your income.
- If this doesn't help, you can check my email address from Help -> About Freeciv and send your savegame for me to check. --Cazfi (talk) 21:20, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Still on Despotism, cannot evolve government due to no research, so 60/40 science/gold, and not a single bulb in over 100 turns. Trade is also 9 to 11 in each city, but corruption is 9 to 11 (??) as well, though the cities are 3 or so tiles from capitol. Corruption seems to always match trade for some weird reason, is there a setting that would do this??
- So you have 100% corruption (100% of the trade ends to corruption). Do you still have your Palace? It's what makes the city your capitol. If you don't have capitol at all, some max value is used as distance to capitol, and as distance to capitol affects Despotism excessively, that would results in the 100% corruption you're experiencing. --Cazfi (talk) 22:29, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
- Still have a Palace, never sold or lost it, seems corruption matches trade from turn 1 on(!?), something is not right with v241 or settings. Cannot locate the settings file, i'm on WinXP.
- The ruleset says "default ruleset for single player", i deleted the install directory after uninstalling v240, but i suppose it had the ruleset files in some other place?
- OK, thank you!