Third "beta" release of Freeciv 2.0.0
- 05 Nov 2004
- The third "beta" for Freeciv 2.0.0 has been released. You can download it from either of:
- A Windows binary is available at:
- Note that this is not the final 2.0.0 release. We've fixed a huge number of bugs from the first two betas, but many remain. Please send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org, with as much descriptive information as possible. No bug is too small! If you find a crash in the Windows binary include the civserver.RTP or civclient.RTP in your report.
- For a tentative feature list in Freeciv 2.0, please see the NEWS-beta page. For a list of changes since beta2, see NEWS-beta3.
The Freeciv Maintainers
This is an extensive list of the changes since the 2.0.0-beta2:
- Fix a bug with overflowed memory when loading a game.
- Show players' usernames in the players dialog.
- Fix some memory leaks.
- Add a new option to the "allowtake" server setting.
- Fix some bugs with observers and unattached players.
- Fix some client-side bugs with /take and /detach.
- Fix a bug where nukes could conquer cities.
- Improve the AI building advisor for humans.
- Fix a bug when a player does multiple revolutions.
- Fix a bug with shared vision when alliances are broken.
- Fix a bug with saved games and observers.
- Fix a bug where map settings weren't saved pregame.
- Fix some bugs where /away players would do too much.
- Fix some bugs when coming back from /away while diplomacy is active.
- Fix some bugs where the startscreen could get into inconsistent states.
- Don't load units when they're sentried, or unload them when activated.
- Change the load and unload commands to be (l) and (u).
- Activate units when they're unloaded.
- Recenter the overview when the mapview is resized.
- Refresh the city dialog's unit lists when a transporter's cargo is changed.
- Accept server information about connections for players we don't know about.
- Fix a bug where switching tilesets would cause a crash in the city dialog.
- Add load and unload commands for units to the gtk2 client's city dialog.
- Add a title row to the gtk2 client's city dialog.
- Put report dialogs into tabs in the gtk2 client (optional).
- Fix a bug where the client could crash in the gtk2 LAN connect page.
- Add graphics for wonders.
- Add the nation Bosnia.
- Fill in missing shield graphics (for trident_shields).
- Fixed some menu translations in the win32 client.
From Freeciv, a Wikia wiki.