Sixth "beta" release of Freeciv 2.0.0
- 03 Jan 2005
- The sixth "beta" for Freeciv 2.0.0 has been released. You can download it from either of:
- A Windows binary will be made available at:
- Note that this is still not the final 2.0.0 release. Bug reports continue to roll in and we're trying our best to track them down. Please send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org, with as much descriptive information as possible. Send a savegame if possible (especially if it will help to reproduce the problem) No bug is too small! If you find a crash in the Windows binary include the civserver.RPT or civclient.RPT in your report. If you have multiple bugs to report please report them in separate e-mails.
- For a tentative feature list in Freeciv 2.0, please see the NEWS-beta page. For a list of changes since beta5, see NEWS-beta6.
The Freeciv Maintainers
This is a nearly full list of the changes since the 2.0.0-beta5:
- Speed up AI calculations by recalculating some things only every few turms.
- Fix a bug with long-distance exploring.
- Fix some bugs with out-of-sync cities.
- Change client-side goto to take the path with the lowest "best time" rather than the one with the lowest "worst time".
- Add a new method for drawing fog of war (gtk2-client and win32-client only). Change the trident tileset to use this new method.
- Remove veteran status from the panel unit info string.
- Improve some keyboard controls in the gtk2 client.
- Fix a bug when cross-compiling the XAW client.
- Improve server citizen placement when a city's minimums cannot be met.
- Change novice and "away" AIs to not cheat by having instant revolutions.
- Fix a bug when loading old/invalid savegames that have invalid alliances.
- Fix some bugs with voting (more may remain).