See the full ChangeLog contained with the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.5.2
2.5.3 is a bugfix release mainly aimed at Linux distribution maintainers and other repackagers. There have only been a few minor user-visible fixes since 2.5.2.
- Build fixes:
- Re-generating the configure script could fail on recent OS distributions due to a clash with the system supplied glib-gettext.m4. This did not affect most users, who would build with the configure script supplied in the tarball.
- configure could spuriously output "-lncurses: not found" and fail to find readline on some systems (seen on OpenBSD).
- Qt client fixes:
- The menu options and keyboard shortcuts to save games were disabled when there were no active units.
- The Qt client could create a directory called literally '$HOME'.
- A few strings in the Qt client were displayed unlocalized.
- Increase the size of some buffers that were causing truncated strings in some localizations, such as Russian.
- Change a couple of flag files to address auto-detected licensing conflicts.
- Some corrections to the Finnish and Russian translations.
See NEWS for older lists of changes.