See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for older releases can be found in the download archive.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.5.6 Edit
2.5.7 is a bugfix release.
Server / General Edit
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets) Edit
- The score list shown when the game is over now includes dead players.
- Fix a server crash when the AI could not find a suitable ferryboat unit type. (This was observed with a modified ruleset.)
- Fix a typo'd city name in the Newfoundland nation.
- Correctly diagnose failure to load a ruleset needed by a saved game.
- Improved behavior after failing to write a file such as a saved game.
- Improved robustness against reading broken savegames.
- Tiny optimization for speed.
- Fix a tiny memory leak.
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
- The "Manual Turn Done in AI mode" client option now does something useful.
- (Qt) Player dialog now shows whether given nation shares vision to other nations.
- (Qt) In pregame, pressing Enter on the username text box will now initiate a connection.
- (Qt) The player dialog sometimes did not show new players, e.g. after a civil war.
- (Qt) Focus might be set incorrectly to map after the selected unit changed.
- (Gtk3) Fix some Gtk warnings on the console.
Help / Documentation Edit
- Update docs to reflect move away from gna.org.
- Refresh some links in INSTALL.
- Update the FAQ a bit.
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/ruleset docs.
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: French, British English, Russian.
- Incomplete translations: Finnish (100% core, 92% nations), Ukrainian (100% core, 79% nations).
- Fix warning seen with Clang 3.9. Freeciv builds cleanly with Clang 4.0.
- Fix warnings seen with GCC 7, with which Freeciv builds cleanly.
See NEWS for older lists of changes.