See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for older releases can be found in the download archive.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.5.7[edit | edit source]
2.5.8 is a bugfix release.
Server / General[edit | edit source]
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets)[edit | edit source]
- Fix trouble loading certain compressed savegames.
- Used diplomat units no longer increase the target's score.
- Fixed a warning when a player on your team goes to war with an ally of yours.
- Fixed an assertion failure when losing a tech while no tech goal is selected.
- Fixed an assertion failure when a player on your team is about to die.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to no huts when loading from a game or scenario that was saved in the pregame state.
- Fixed a typo'd leader name in the American nation.
- When a city can't build a unit with a population cost, this is explained better.
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders[edit | edit source]
- Fix a crash when a unit has a zero activity rate.
- Fix a crash when a unit has negative vision radius.
- Avoids warnings and incorrect behavior when a unit's initial veterancy turns out negative.
- Prevent the scripting API from creating a stack of illegally mixed nationality when adding a unit to a tile.
- Using a script to modify the map in certain ways in response to the 'map_generated' signal could cause an assertion failure.
General[edit | edit source]
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
Clients[edit | edit source]
- Fix a possible assertion failure when a spaceship launched (or at other times when an AI's mood changed suddenly).
- (Gtk) Fix a possible Gtk warning before the map is set up.
- (Gtk) Fix a minor memory leak in the unit selection dialog.
- (Gtk3) Fix the middle-click tile info box having a transparent background and thus being unreadable on some installations.
Tilesets / Art[edit | edit source]
- Updated Isophex tileset. Adds distinct Lake terrain, various other cosmetic changes, and some extra resource types that are not used in the supplied rulesets.
Help / Documentation[edit | edit source]
- The civ2civ3 online help claimed Forest, Jungle, and Swamp gave a 25% defense bonus, but in reality they only give 20% due to a game engine limitation. The help now reflects this. (The 25% bonus will be implemented in 2.6.)
- Corrections in README.ruleset_civ2civ3.
- Online help documents that Leader units entering huts won't unleash barbarians.
- doc/README.tilesets was accidentally left out of the tarball.
- Update the FAQ a bit.
- Update docs to reflect move away from gna.org.
- Minor update to ruleset comments.
Translations[edit | edit source]
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Catalan, Russian, French, British English.
- Incomplete translations: Finnish (100% core, 93% nations).
- Fix a help glitch for Migrants when using the Spanish translation.
Build/portability[edit | edit source]
- The Windows package uses a new package of libraries. This is mainly expected to improve debugging.
- Work around a binutils bug that stops --enable-gprof working on some distributions (notably, Debian Stretch -- Debian bug #854704).
- tolua.pkg, a source file not needed to build from tarballs, was inadvertently not included in them.
See NEWS for older lists of changes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.