See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.6.0-RC1 Edit
RC2 is mainly a bugfix release.
Server / General Edit
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets) Edit
- Bribe cost for damaged units has increased. Previously (due to a bug) it was halved if the unit had lost any hitpoints at all. Now it depends on how damaged they are (up to at most a discount of half, as before).
- Huts were never yielding settler-type units.
- Global warming and nuclear winter had a small chance of occurring even when the client displayed the chance as 0%.
- A few resources could be added to the map even when none were requested.
- Historians were never reporting on the "LARGEST Civilizations" (with the most citizens), by mistake.
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders Edit
- Fix longstanding bug in rulesets with 129 or more unit types; if any of the later units was an upgrade or conversion target, the client would not allow the action.
- The Lua function find.role_unit_type() can now find a unit with a given flag, as well as a given role. (This compensates for the property "Cities" having changed from a role to a flag in 2.6.)
- The number of turns for a path displayed in Goto mode was one too few.
- (Gtk2, Qt) Borders are now displayed correctly when zoomed in.
- Various fixes and improvements to the Qt client:
- Fix a client crash in goto mode.
- Fix a client crash when observing a player with diplomacy dialogs open.
- Opening the Policies dialog caused a client crash on some systems.
- Fix non-working terrain and government links in help.
- The Shift-E keyboard shortcut was used for both Airbase-type orders and for the Patrol order. Patrol is now Q, as in the Gtk clients.
- The unit display now shows the extra turns left for fuel units.
- The city dialog now shows help tooltips for buildings and units that are in the build queue, and buildings that are already built.
- The battle log can now be resized.
- The help dialog position and size are now remembered.
- Change scaling of sidebar.
- Other cosmetic issues and optimizations.
Tilesets / Art Edit
- Amplio2, Cimpletoon, Isotrident, and Isophex tilesets now have icons for showing units' activity building specific extras.
Help / Documentation Edit
- Invisible change to assist localization.
- Updated (complete) translations: Catalan, Russian, Polish.
Known issues Edit
- Turn change in AI games has got slower; we suspect this is a result of action generalization.
- There's some evidence that autosettlers have got less effective.
- There are still problems in the new way tilesets are selected.
- The Gtk3 clients currently don't have animation for moving the map view.
See NEWS for older lists of changes.