See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 2.6.2
184.108.40.206 fixes critical build failures and crash bugs, and brings documentation updates.
Server / General
Changes affecting custom rulesets / modders
- Fixed server crash when unit with zero move_rate is transformed
- Fixed crashes when using Direction objects in lua scripts
- Fixed crash when chatline text had opening tag without closing tag
- Fixes to the Qt client:
- Fixed general memory corruption problems. It's not known what user visible symptoms these had, if any.
- Fixed crash under certain conditions when entering the game
- Fixed occasional crash around turn change
- Fixed crash when global observer looks at players dialog
- Fixed memory corruption when worker task was cleared. One known symptom of this was that opening some city dialogs would crash.
- Fixed crash when trying to use trade planning. This was reggression in 2.6.2.
Help / Documentation
- Point to freeciv-dev mailing list as the bug reporting address. This is likely to change again in a future release.
- Clarified that civ2civ3 ruleset Ecclesiastical Palace does not function exactly as second capital
- Miscellaneous other improvements to in-game text and user documentation
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/install/ruleset docs
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Spanish, French, Polish, Russian
- Incomplete translations: Catalan (99% core, 100% nations, 100% ruledit), Finnish (100% core, 91% nations, 100% ruledit), Simplified Chinese (37% core, 8% nations, 3% ruledit)
- Fixed Qt-client build against Qt-5.15
- Fixed problems in compiling with clang-10
- Fixed compiling of included lua with gcc-10
See NEWS for older lists of changes.