See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 220.127.116.11[edit | edit source]
2.6.3 is a generic bugfix release.
Server / General[edit | edit source]
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets)[edit | edit source]
- Fixed trouble when a new city is founded to the ruins of a former city, and that new city establish a trade route with a player who had seen former city, and is unaware that it had been destroyed
- Fixed a case where shared vision did not completely update recipient's map
- Fixed a bug where one could paradrop to peaceful nation's territory after continuing game from an old savegame
- Fixed a bug causing game sometimes to tell wrong reason of why an action failed
- Cease fire no longer runs out with an already dead player, making his former allies to hate the alive party of the treaty
- Made server not to end in a infinite loop after loading savegame with too high phase number. Such a savegame was reported to be created after spaceship was launched but game was still continued
- Unified writing of the city name Washington-on-the-Brazos between rulesets, so it doesn't appear multiple times in the same game in a bit different form
- Stealth units are no longer erroneously hidden even from allies
- Placing initial units is now done in shuffled player order
- Corrupt worker tasks are cleared. Those can originate, e.g., from buggy pre-18.104.22.168 Qt-client, and live in old savegames
- In a ruleset, such as civ2civ3, where caravans can help building wonder in a foreign city, refresh city info of the city owner when one does
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders[edit | edit source]
- Display of success probabilities for diplomats was off when targeting stack of units instead of individual unit
- Fixed pillaging of extras that are caused by something else than player actions. For the fix to work, both server and client must be at least version 2.6.3
- Civilian unit trying to paradrop to an enemy city dies
- Prevented dead player from getting techs via Tech_Parasite effect. This caused trouble in alien ruleset where Tech_Parasite is granted by a tech
- Improved support of CityTile requirement type
- Fixed trouble preventing Small Wonders from working as impr_reqs for units
- Corrected success probability shown by action dialog when it depends on a special kind of road
- The included Lua engine has been upgraded from 5.3.5 to 5.3.6.
Changes affecting server operators[edit | edit source]
- write command now adds .serv extension to the filename if it doesn't have one. Only files with the extension can be read by the read command
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability in reading in score log file. Score log functionality is not enabled by default.
- Fixes to memory handling errors
- Freeciv metadata Desktop files renamed and Appdata files changed to be more standards compliant
- Minor optimization
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
AI[edit | edit source]
- AI is made more determined to attack enemy players that would be easy to finish off, as measured by the number of cities left
- The fact that enemy city is already empty no longer reduces AI's want to build unit capable of conquering it
- AI now might initiate spacerace if it's in technical lead and the only one who can do so even if there's other player who has better production
- Fixed an issue causing production of a player marked away to be unnecessarily changed
Clients[edit | edit source]
- Fixed middle-click display in case two or more units do different activities that will result in the same extra in tile. The bug would manifest itself only in exotic rulesets.
- Success probability for Poison City and Poison City Escape actions is now shown
- Mine activity is again always referred as Mine, and never as Plant. This affects at least grouping of units in unit selection dialog.
- Show more standardized information about the actions in action selection dialogs
- Lua functions City:is_happy() and City:is_unhappy made to work on correctly on client lua console
- Fixed trouble when mapimg settings are changed before entering game
- City dialogs now show correct tile output on the turn celebration is about to end
- Made client more robust against invalid worker tasks sent by the server
- Select new music track when music should continue with the same style. It was stopping after the first track.
- Fixes to both Gtk and Qt clients:
- City dialog now shows city's airlift capacity
- City dialog now shows city's size
- Fixes to the Gtk3 and Gtk3.22 clients:
- The default for new installations is now to have Chat and Messages display separately. This does not affect old installations with the setting value already saved.
- Fixed a problem causing Fog of War sometimes being too dark
- City dialog tooltip no longer proposes selling a building when it can't be sold
- Extraneous files have been removed from the default theme
- Fixed crash on receiving some chat messages with link tags
- Fixes to the Qt client:
- Map Image files saved with correct name
- Improved icon selection about Irrigate and Mine activity results on various terrains
- Don't include plus sign to the display of money gained when player is actually losing money. It used to show it like "+-2".
- Don't show bogus move points information about enemy units, from which client does not know the truth
- Fixed warnings Qt was giving about Freeciv themes
- Refresh goto dialog Airlift information when unit selection changes
- Fixes to Sdl clients:
- Made worklist display to refresh reliably when its contents are changed
- Update climate change icons when ever they should
- Fixed keyboard key bindings for building bases, such as Fortress and Airbase
- Improved tooltip and icon selection about Irrigate and Mine activity results on various terrains
- Corrected order buttons' tooltip about the completion time of the activity. The turn count displayed was wildly off.
- Tooltips for more order buttons shows information about their result and completion time
- (sdl2 only): Don't try to show nation legend in races dialog, where it doesn't fit at all
- Toggle Mini Map Mode button has been removed. It did nothing. It only confused users by its existence
Tools[edit | edit source]
Ruledit[edit | edit source]
- Save multiplier offset and factor to the ruleset saved
Help / Documentation[edit | edit source]
- Windows installers place a shortcut from start menu to the freeciv documentation directory to make it easier to find the documentation
- Clarified that sandbox ruleset Ecclesiastical Palace does not function exactly as second capital. Similar change was already done for civ2civ3 ruleset
- Improvements to error diagnostics of custom modpack content
- Miscellaneous other improvements to in-game text and user documentation.
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/install/ruleset docs
Translations[edit | edit source]
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Catalan, Spanish, French, Polish, Russian
- Incomplete translations: Finnish (100% core, 91% nations, 100% ruledit)
- Ruledit searched some translated strings from wrong domain, and thus failed to find them
Build/portability[edit | edit source]
- Fixed regression in 2.6.2 that was causing configure checks for Windows _mkdir() function to fail in debug builds
- Fixed compiler warnings seen with -O3 optimization level
- Silenced Qt's deprecation warnings in debug builds where they were being turned to errors. Release builds still have the warnings enabled
- Fixed compiler warning with clang-11
- Fixed compiler warning with gcc-11 development version
- Fixed other compiler warnings seen with various setups
- Gettext bootstrap files included in freeciv distribution updated to gettext-0.21 ones. This improves compatibility with builds in OpenEmbedded
- Fixed some autoconf-2.70 warnings. More remains.
- nanosleep() is used instead of deprecated usleep()
See NEWS for older lists of changes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.