See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 3.0.0
3.0.1 is a generic bugfix release.
Server / General
- Fixed "turn_begin" lua signal, affecting especially 32bit Windows builds. This, e.g., makes various welcome messages to show up
- Fixed some problems in builds where asserts are not enabled. More work remains.
- Fixed error messages sometimes appearing when a city has been removed but units remain (e.g. in case of Sentried Helicopter)
- Correctly convert it, when savegame with AI level "Experimental" is loaded to a non-debug build
- Don't kill the nation when client requires removal of a gameloss unit in editor mode
- Fixed a bug that updated city info was in some cases sent to owner when it was supposed to get sent to everyone else
- Correctly set resources on player's Fog-of-War map, for tiles which they don't currently see, when loading a saved game
- If scenario lua script uses direction variables, value of those is no longer stored to savegames at all. Current freeciv version can't load that information, and such savegames generated by earlier versions only crashed the server at savegame loading time. Lua direction objects will function properly in freeciv-3.1
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets)
- Start area is revealed also for the start city
- transform_result and transform_time consistent on all terrains
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders
- Added deprecation warning about insensical singlepole and alltemperate requirement combinations
- Fixed crash in lua tile:is_enemy() method when there's no city on that tile
Changes affecting server operators
- Metamessage is no longer resetted on ruleset load
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
- Alight cargo unit immediately when transport reaches destination
- Always properly initialize output streams for forked server
- Enable better audio quality when possible
- Client's return value now correctly indicates an error when it fails
- Fixed drawing citizens for cities over size 30
- Fixed memory corruption issues when detecting which gfx formats client supports
- Worked around MacOS behavior of removing "Options" submenu
- Renamed menu item "Players" as "Nations" to match naming in left pane
- Added window icon for Qt GUI
- Added window icon
- Set initial text for buttons in enablers tab
Tilesets, Art, etc
- MacOS icons included in the source tarball
- Corrected/updated flag file formats
Help / Documentation
- Miscellaneous improvements to in-game text and user documentation.
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/install/ruleset docs.
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Catalan, Polish, Russian
- Incomplete translations: German (76% core, 85% nations, 5% ruledit), Finnish (100% core, 91% nations, 100% ruledit)
- Marked strings for translations where they erroneously were not.
- Include core domain translations to Windows ruledit installer
- Updates from the gnulib upstream:
- Fix lua compile for AmigaOS
- Fixed problems in Windows snapshot builds being flagged as "modified" in their version number even when they are not.
- Crosser-based builds
- Official msys2 builds
- Detect pthreads as thread implementation also when they require "-lpthread"
- Support also such C11 thread implementations that are not built on top of pthreads
- Added configure option --without-iconv
- Updated Crosser environment to use to version 2.3
- Fixed libcharset configure check
- Updated default Appdata/Metainfo installation directory
See NEWS for older lists of changes.