See the full ChangeLog in the source for a comprehensive list of all changes.
Download links for the latest release can be found on the download page.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 3.0.2
3.0.3 is a bugfix release.
There's a vulnerability fixed in modpack installer. All users of older versions are advised to upgrade.
Default metaserver connection URL and URL used to fetch default modpack list have been updated to use https -protocol. This should cause no problems if https has been working for you all the time. However, if it was already broken (e.g. you couldn't download modpacks located on https even with earlier freeciv version), this makes the problem worse for you. The most likely cause for any problems with https is that root certificates (cacerts) are not set up properly. From freeciv side, building with the configuration option --with-cacert-path may help. In case everything else fails, we provide, for now, a .project file that you can use to build freeciv so that metaserver and modpack list default URLs still use http:
We won't support that on freeciv-3.1.
Server / General
- Sanity check, and fix, player researched techs count loaded from the savegame. Older versions may have saved miscounted value
- Disallowed creation more than one unit of a type expected to be unique
- By editor
- By lua script
- Fixed IPv6 LAN announcement handling
- Fixed some "unused entry" warnings when loading saved game
- City worker gets removed from a tile that gets fogged for the owner
- Default metaserver access is set to use https-protocol
- Disallowed creation more than maxplayers players from the editor
Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets)
- Legality of the activities of the units in the surrounding tiles are checked also when the tile terrain changes because of climate change
- AI may build air units
Changes affecting other rulesets / modders
- Improved handling of lua-script initiated unit owner change.
- Animals are initially placed further away from the players
- Added sanity check that resources defined for the terrains really are resources
- Fixed client end problems in receiving requirements of type NationGroup
- Fixed potential issue with modpacks with multiple city wall graphic types and fogged tiles
- Fixed memory leaks and improved cleanup on shutdown
- Various internal changes which should only affect developers.
- Fixed AI want for techs providing paradropping units
- Fixed crash when a unit without homecity has waited for a ferry too long
- AI no longer revolts to get rid of Senate, if it would not help
- Log initialization failures instead of just quitting
- Numpad '+' and '-' now work for controlling zoom
- Allow setting worker tasks also when the governor is active
- Fixed memory handling problem in server list display
- Transport selection dialog will show up when loading unit with L)oad key
- Fixed font selection problems
- Raise dialogs when they are accessed again. On macOS they often ended behind the main window before this
- Fixed changing color options from the options dialog
- Display intelligence information about Wonders
- Stopped flags on map from shrinking after user visited nations report
- Make diplomacy dialog UI adjustments for disabled trading_gold server setting more sane
- Made intelligence information display higher by one line of text, in case leader title wraps to two lines
- Fixed potential memory problem after using scaled tileset
- Fixed size of the scaled unit icons
- Intelligence dialog can now be always opened, as it has some information even when players have no contact
- Fixed memory handling issues when selecting action from small diplomacy dialog
- Default modpack list accessed by https-protocol
- Vulnerability related to handling potentially crafted modpack URLs fixed
Tilesets, Art, etc
- Corrected/updated flag file formats
Help / Documentation
- Miscellaneous improvements to in-game text and user documentation.
- Miscellaneous changes to developer/install/ruleset docs.
- Updated translations:
- Complete translations: Catalan, French, Polish, Russian
- Incomplete translations: Finnish (100% core, 91% nations, 100% ruledit)
- Marked more strings for translations
- Added configure option --with-localedir
- Windows msys2 environment updated to 220529 (29-May-22) snapshot
- Warn when building gtk3-client instead of gtk3.22-client when dependencies of latter would be available
- Fixed some clang analyzer warnings
- Fixed build on systems with unsigned time_t
- Fixed build when Qt headers require PIC, but user has enabled PIE
- Flatpak safety improvements
- Give permissions only to .freeciv subdirectory, not entire home directory
- Prefer wayland
- Replaced strncat() call with a portable fc_strlcat() one
- Provide http.project configuration
- Fixed detection of cross-MagickWand-config
- Fixed compiler warnings on x32 platform
- Updated bootstrap files from gnulib upstream
- Added autoconf cache variable for gettimeofday detection, to make it possible to set it when cross-compiling
See NEWS for older lists of changes.